Established in 1982, our fully accredited Waldorf School offers a full program of early childhood, grades and high school education. With an experienced and dedicated faculty, the school serves over 300 students and is active in supporting Waldorf education. In additional to a full and demanding academic program, our curriculum includes visual arts, music, eurythmy, handwork, woodwork, applied arts, drama, outdoor education, grounds work, Spanish, German, PE and a middle and high school athletics program. Fully accredited through AWSNA and the National Council for Private Schools of North America, PWS is located on a beautiful seven acre site featuring two creeks and a historic brick school building in Milwaukie, Oregon and is part of Portland’s thriving Anthroposophical community.
This hourly position is for Monday-Friday, approximately 13 hours per week. This is a position that supports the Lead in a program for grades 1-5. We are looking for an individual with training and experience in teaching or assisting in school setting, good communication skills, and an understanding of childhood development congruent with a Waldorf educational perspective. As we are a state licensed facility, ongoing training and specific qualifications apply to this position.
To apply, please send a cover letter, detailed resume and references to the Teacher Search Committee at teachersearch(at)portlandwaldorf.org.
We are currently looking for Accounting staff and a Finance Manager to join our Administrative team. The positions are founded on a model of service-based leadership committed to collaboration, consensus, transparency and Waldorf education. The individuals will administer financial operations including accounts payable and receivable, annual budget process, cash flow and forecasting, payroll, expense management, commercial banking, and financial reports.
- Minimum four-year degree in accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP and non-profit accounting methods, practices, procedures, and policies
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to maintain accuracy in accounting, formulas, calculations, and data entry
- Proficiency in standard accounting software, payroll systems, and Microsoft Office applications. Experience with customer relationship management systems like Veracross is preferred
- Manager: At least five years overall professional experience in Finance / Accounting, ideally in broad financial management in a non-profit organization
- Manager: At least two years experience in a supervisory role related to fiscal systems
We offer a competitive salary contingent on experience and qualifications and an excellent benefit package.
Portland Waldorf School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please include “Accounting Position” in the subject line and email resume and cover letter to wendy.rea(at)portlandwaldorf.org.