Established in 1982, our fully accredited Waldorf School offers a full program of early childhood, grades and high school education. With an experienced and dedicated faculty, the school serves over 300 students and is active in supporting Waldorf education in the northwest. It is located on a beautiful seven acre site featuring two creeks and a historic brick school building in Milwaukie, Oregon.
The Portland Waldorf School is seeking a Grades Handwork Assistant to help the lead handwork teacher in grades 1-5. A love of handwork and experience with knitting and crochet is important. This is an hourly position. A flexible schedule is necessary.
Please send your letter of interest, and resume to mariama.loos-diallo(at)portlandwaldorf.org by June 1st, 2013.
Title: Grades Handwork Assistant
- Reports to Lead Handwork Teacher
- Works with students in grades 1-5
- Flexible schedule necessary
- Should have basic knowledge and experience of knitting/purling, crochet, hand sewing and machine sewing.
- Should be organized and detail oriented, timely, responsible, enjoy problem solving and willing and able to follow instruction
- Good observational skills
- Models appropriate dress and behavior for young children
- Familiarity with Waldorf Educational philosophy preferred
- Help with preparatory work for classes – includes material preparation, occasional set-up/clean
- Maintenance of handwork room and supplies – some cleaning and inventory
Term of Employment: Mid August 2013 - Mid June 2014
At this time there are no teaching positions available. To apply for teaching positions at Portland Waldorf School, email your letter of interest and resume to the Teacher Search Committee at email@example.com